The Bell Center for Early Intervention Programs was established by the Service Guild of Birmingham in 1984. Founded in 1958, the Service Guild has brought women together to serve the needs of children with disabilities for over 50 years.
The original 53 members of the Service Guild focused their efforts on creating a school for children at risk for developmental delays. The Guild taught classes, handled publicity, and offered financial support for what would become The Bell Center. With the aid and involvement of the Guild’s committed volunteer members, The Bell Center continues to be a vital resource for children with developmental delays and their families.